Question

How to receive Slack notifications for Google Drive file uploads, including PDFs and Word files?

• 21 September 2023
  • 3 replies

I'd like to receive notifications in a specific Slack channel when a file is uploaded to Google Drive. Currently, notifications work when creating a Spreadsheet or Docs on Google Drive, but it doesn't work well when uploading PDF or Word files. Is this possible?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @shingo, welcome to the Community! 👋

Are you using the New File in Folder (Google Drive) trigger?

Asking as I know for that trigger, non Google Files will only trigger the Zap if the file is directly added to the folder and was created/modified within the last 4 days. You can read more about this here: Not all my files are triggering my new file in folder Zap.

Do you think that could be the cause of the issue here or are you using a different trigger? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you on this!

@SamB 
Dear SamB-san

Thank you for your support. I appreciate you kind reaction. As I have read the article you have shared, I have understood why I could not trigger my Zap. Thank you again.

Best Regards,

Shingo

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are most welcome, @shingo! I’m so glad that article was helpful to you. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions - the Community is always here and happy to help! 🤗