Best answer

How to put TidyCal's answers in different fields

• 9 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I am trying to connect TidyCal to a database in Notion so I have a register of all my meetings.

The zap is triggered by a new booking in TidyCal. In the booking form the user has to answer some questions (i.e.: phone number, instagram account, ets.) which Zapier recognizes, but they are displayed like that:

The answer to question number 1 “¿Cuál es tu número de teléfono” is stored under questions > 1 > answer, the answer to question number 2 under questions > 2 > answer. 

But when I try to put, for example, the answer to question number 4 in a field of my database, I just can’t. All I can do is put all of the answers in the field:

I’ve tried with Zapier’s Formatter, using the option “Split Text”, but it doesn’t make it any better. The only plausible solution I have find is puting the comma “,” as separator, but some answers contain commas as well and then the answer becomes divided:

Even if that was OK for me, when I try to configure it to the field, this is what I see:

With all these commas before the answer and some answers put together, not making any sense.

Is there any way to do this nicely?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 9 August 2023, 19:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bluevioletoceanstudio 

Good question.

Try these: Formatter > Utilities > line item options

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thank you for replying so quickly.

I’ve been trying the line item options and the best solution for me was to use “Line-item to text”:

This works fine for answes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6, but answer 5, which is a multi-check, somehow becomes all the answers together, as you can see above in item_5.

It would be incredible if this could be automatized as well, but by the way I think I can work with that.

Thank you again for your help.