Question

How to prevent posting Double messages on discord using the filter function?

• 3 August 2023
  • 3 replies

i put a filter (boolean) is false as a filter to avoid posting duplicate messages between servers with my integration but dosen't work, previously without filter since i was posting between different server was getting in a loop of reposting the same messages over and over, so how should i setup the filter to avoid this double message loop?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @tuningstore71,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Maybe you can try adding a unique identifier for each message, then add a filter step in your Zap. We have a help article that talks about to prevent Zap loops. You can read it here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496232045453

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊

Hi there @tuningstore71,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Maybe you can try adding a unique identifier for each message, then add a filter step in your Zap. We have a help article that talks about to prevent Zap loops. You can read it here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496232045453

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊

unfortunatley there is no unique identifier of the message there is a way to tell zapier to not get triggered by the same message? or the same text because it’s reporting the message the bot generated in a loop and i thought that in the settings will be a way just to disable the same message to get reported from one discord server to  another

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @tuningstore71,

Thanks for the update!

It seems like you've already been in touch with our Support Team about this issue, and they've sent over a suggestion for you yesterday. Here are the details of their suggestion, just to make sure you have all the information you need:

I understand that you need assistance with your workflow. I know this may be an important matter for you.

Can you try using this filter condition instead?

(Click here to view larger)

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes.

If you have any further questions or need clarification on their suggestion, it would be great to keep the conversation going with them via email. If you're having trouble finding their response, try checking your spam/junk folder or search your inbox for emails from zapier.com. Sometimes, emails can accidentally land in the spam/junk folder.

Hope this helps! 😊