Question

How to ignore gmails triggers that have labels

• 26 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Goal of NOT getting a Zapier when an email has labels.

Problem, It is still being triggered despite below actions.  

has:nouserlabels entered into gmail search string.

See screenshot for actions taken and Zapier.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @bradtelepo , 

It would be better to use Filter by Zapier after the Gmail trigger with the filter Labels does not exist. 

Let me know if this works for you :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @bradtelepo - were you able to set up this Filter with any success? We’re here to hear all about it :) 

I’m testing now.

Should it look like below?  If not, request please a Loom or other vid so it makes sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @bradtelepo you’re SO close! If you change the filter to “Does not Exist” that should do the trick. Right now, your filter is telling the Zap to only move forward with emails that have labels. Making that small edit should help you achieve your original goal of:

Goal of NOT getting a Zapier when an email has labels.

I am showing it has already has that.

Request a loom or screen recording.

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @bradtelepo - can you show us the printscreen again? What we’re seeing is that your Zap is told to exist if it *does* have a label: 

You’ll want that box to say “Does NOT Exist”- and if you still get an error let us know :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

You can try adding a ‘Filter’ step after your trigger to determine whether or not the Labels Field exists.  I would recommend that for the test data you find an email with a “Label” to ensure that you can setup a Filter as sometimes you won’t be able to map data into a Zap if that field in the Test Result is empty.  Set that Filter Result to only continue if Label does not exist and you should be good to go. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@bradtelepo friendly check in to see if you were able to correctly set up this filter action, let us know if you have any other issues at all :]