Best answer

How to get Zap to wait for a worker’s completion report in Slack?

• 6 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, we are considering using Zaiper for our Slack workflow builder migration.

In the Slack workflow builder, we were able to proceed to the next step if the user pressed a button; in Zapier's Slack actions, we don't seem to be able to have a button.

This is fine if all the work we want to do is completed in Zapier, but we do have some tasks that need some human approval. For example, waiting for debugging work to be completed before a production release.

Is there a good approach to make this happen in Zapier?

I tried using Slack reactions as actions, but it wasn't smart as it was split into different workflows.

icon

Best answer by SamB 9 November 2021, 12:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @kznrluk

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community! :) 

Buttons aren’t supported with the Slack integration so it’s not currently possible to add them when using an action like the Send Direct Message action for example. To use a button in Slack, you would need to use Slack’s Workflow Builder - Customise steps with buttons and variables.

We do have a feature request open for the ability to use buttons in the Slack integration’s Send Message actions so I’ve added your vote for that. I don’t have an ETA on when that would be implemented but we’ll email you as soon as it is!

That said, to add human approval to your workflow, we do have our Approval by Zapier app which you could use to prevent actions from being carried out until it’s been approved. You can find out more about this here: Manually approve Zap runs

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much!

I would like to try the Approval by Zapier app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’re most welcome, @kznrluk! I hope Approval by Zapier will be useful to you! :)