Best answer

How to get new articles from Inoreader and put them all an draft email in gmail

Userlevel 1

Can I get all of the new articles in Inoreader and put them in the new email in gmail?

I can get email from gmail with one articles with the link, but can’t get all of new articles.

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 25 July 2022, 23:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @ttrszk - Welcome to the Community! Can you tell me more about your workflow here? I understand you’re wanting to put all Inoreader articles in a Gmail email but are you able to expand on why you need this to happen? Some additional questions I have are:

• How/when are those articles being sent to you?
  • Are you looking to periodically consolidate articles from a specific timeframe (daily, weekly, monthly) and roll them up into a single email?
  • Or are you looking to do a one-time rollup of all of those articles ever sent to you, and send them in an email?
  • ...something else?

Let us know!

Userlevel 1

Hi jesse-san,

Please see the following for the answers to your questions.

1. I receive the articles from Inoreader few times a day. I don’t feel it is on an regular bases.
  2. Yes, I want to put alll articles sent to me previous day into a single email like below. Then, I may edit some of the text in the link into Japanese and sent the email to the concerend personnels. I do this edit and sent once in every morning.
  3. All I want is to put the articles into an email everymorning. The email do not have to be sent automatically as I have to edit it before sending.

Examples ----------------------

Microsoft

Microsoft released Windows200.

Meta

Launced 5D VR glasses

--------------------------------------

Regards,

ttrszk

Userlevel 1

Hi jesse-san,

Plese give me any reply ?

Regards,,

ttrszk

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ttrszk!

From what you’ve described, you can do this using Digest by Zapier. Digest allows you to gather information in one place and then release it all at once, so you would have one Zap that collects the articles from Inoreader into the digest and then another one to release all of those articles and add them to an email draft, like this:

Zap 1

1. InoReader: New Broadcast article
  2. Digest by Zapier: Append Entry and Schedule Digest (set the digest to release manually ie not at a scheduled time)

Zap 2

1. Schedule By Zapier (choose the time of day you want to add the articles to the email)
  2. Digest by Zapier - Release Digest
  3. Gmail - Create Draft

You can learn more about Digest by Zapier and how it works on this help page.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

Hi Danvers,

Thank you for your reply.

In Zap1, I can select only one folder. Could you let me know if I can select multiple foldres in this step?

I’d like to put all links to new articles in Inoreader in one draft email.

Regards,

ttrszk

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi there,

That’s not possible in the Inoreader New Article in Folder trigger right now, as the Folder trigger is single input and required. However, I’ve gone ahead and asked for a new Feature Request from Inoreader to allow a user to select multiple folders there, and I’ve logged your email as a vote for that feature. I don't have an ETA on when that might happen, but the good news is that the Inoreader developers who maintain that integration can now see that feature request in that database.

As we have your email logged as a vote there, we will be sure to drop you an email to let you know as soon as we get any news on that front.

If you have more details on your exact workflow, that would be helpful. For example, I’m curious if the trigger were allowed to trigger on any folder if that would be okay, or if you’d like it just to select on some subset of folders.

Finally, a workaround that you could use with the current trigger is to set up one Zap for each folder that you want to trigger on and add items to the same Digest as suggested by Danvers. Do you want to give that a try and let us know how it goes?

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi shalgrim.

Thanks for your reply.

My workflow is below. I have five folders in Inoreader. Some articles are English, the others are Japanese.

1) Every morning, I get all articles from all folders in Inoreader and put them into one draft email.
2) If there are English articles, I translate them into Japanese. and send the mail.

I will try the workaround you mentioned and get back to you.

Regards,

ttrszk

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi there,

That’s not possible in the Inoreader New Article in Folder trigger right now, as the Folder trigger is single input and required. However, I’ve gone ahead and asked for a new Feature Request from Inoreader to allow a user to select multiple folders there, and I’ve logged your email as a vote for that feature. I don't have an ETA on when that might happen, but the good news is that the Inoreader developers who maintain that integration can now see that feature request in that database.

As we have your email logged as a vote there, we will be sure to drop you an email to let you know as soon as we get any news on that front.

If you have more details on your exact workflow, that would be helpful. For example, I’m curious if the trigger were allowed to trigger on any folder if that would be okay, or if you’d like it just to select on some subset of folders.

Finally, a workaround that you could use with the current trigger is to set up one Zap for each folder that you want to trigger on and add items to the same Digest as suggested by Danvers. Do you want to give that a try and let us know how it goes?

Hi there,

After raising this with Inoreader, they let us know of another possible option for you:

Users can assign feeds into multiple folders simultaneously. They can have a folder specifically for Zapier integration and assign feeds to this folder alongside their regular folders.

They go on to say that that solution is native to the way Inoreader works internally, so it’s their prefered solution. But if for some reason that doesn’t work for you, let us (or Inoreader) know.

Userlevel 1

Hi shalglim,

Put all articles in one specific folder for Zapier sounds good. But I cannot find the way to assign a feed in multiple folders. Could you tell me how?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ttrszk ,

Since I’m not an Inoreader user and don’t have an Inoreader account, I would have to ask the developers at Inoreader. I’m happy to do that, but it might make more sense for you to do that yourself. You could reference this thread.

Searching their help very briefly I found these instructions for adding a feed to a folder. Does that help?

Let me know if you need me to intermediate with the Inoreader developers

Userlevel 1

Hi shalgrim,

I’m afraid the article you provided does not work. I’ll ask this to Inoreader community by myself.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @ttrszk so sorry to hear that! Asking the Community is a great idea. Keep us posted if you find anything helpful! 🤞