Question

How to get around deduplication?

• 8 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I am trying to send NPS survey results from Pendo to Slack, using Zapier. Unfortunately, the way that we had to build our Pendo instance means that we have multiple rows per user ID, some that have the NPS survey results and some that do not. 

Because of this, I need ALL rows from the visitor report in Pendo to go to Zapier and then I can filter out the ones that I don’t need. The deduplication is currently only sending me one result per visitor ID and it usually is one that does not include the NPS survey result, which isn’t what we want.

Is there a workaround or some feature that I am not aware of? I saw some people using google sheets as a middle step and was going to try testing that out. 

Let me know if anyone has any other ideas!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @jesszepeda!

Are the missing rows from different reports in Pendo but for the same user? Or are they all from the same report in Pendo for the same user? 

If they are for different reports then I think you’d likely need to set up additional Zaps that have the different report types selected to be able to trigger on them and have those report results added.

If they are from the same report, are there the same number of rows added for each user? And is it always the same rows that trigger the Zap? In which case, can you see any differences between those that do and don’t trigger the Zap? Do some contain custom fields for example? Just wondering if there might be a change that could be made to the rows that aren’t triggering to get them to trigger the Zap like the others. 

I’m not sure adding Google Sheets to the Zap will fix it as it would still need Pendo to trigger for all of the result rows. Is Pendo able to save the results directly into a Google Sheets spreadsheet? If so you could use a New Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) trigger which in theory allow you to trigger the Zap for each new row of results information that’s collected and ensure they’re all passed over to Slack. Do you think that could work or does Pendo not have the option to save results directly into another app? 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this!

Hi! They are all from the same report in Pendo and there is not the same number of rows added for each user - it varies depending on that user’s situation. I talked to Zapier support and they mentioned that it may be able to work if I could somehow get the responses to come into Zapier as line items instead of as polling triggers. But I’m not sure if that is possible. 

I will attempt the google sheets route today and see if that could work! I’m pretty positive that the de-duplication process is happening on the Zapier side so what you mentioned may be a solution. I will report back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for lettings us know where you’re at with this, @jesszepeda! I’d love to know if the Google Sheets workaround does the trick and if not, let us know and we’ll keep thinking on this with you :)