Best answer

How to format fields when posting from WordPress to Facebook?

• 16 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi

We are attempting to post from wordpress  (a post) to a facebook page. We have it connected and posting but need to change some of the style.

We have data fields?: Title rendered, Excerpt rendered,  post link 

The zap has:

trigger: new post in wordpress

Action: Text formatter to remove html tags in the Excerpt rendered

Action: Create page post in facebook pages.

This works.

We need to make “Title rendered” appear in bold on the facebook page post.

We need to add a line or cr \n ? between Title rendered and Excerpt rendered.

So now we have

Title rendered

Excerpt rendered

We need:

bold Title rendered /bold

Excerpt rendered

Yes new to Zaps, just cant find these details in the help.

Thanks for reading.

S

icon

Best answer by SamB 16 January 2023, 13:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community and Zapier, @Mezodata! 👋

I did some digging and it looks like the Facebook supports markdown on their Workplace API
501c6981ff2dd8acebe41d3d39e48645.png
I couldn’t find any such documentation for supported Markdown the Facebook Pages API so it may not be possible. But hopefully as the Workplace API supports it, so will the Pages API. Want to give that Markdown syntax a try and let us know if that makes the title text bold?

For the newline, if you hit the Shift + Return on your keyboard in the Message field (on the Create Page Post action in your Zap) to create the desired spacing between the title and excerpt is that removed when the post is created in Facebook? 

Looking forward to your reply! 

Hi

I tried the markup, but no go. Also found some posts on meta for developers asking the same thing and it’s not supported, as you mentioned. But the new line worked, so there’s that.

Thanks for your prompt help.

S