Question

How to Find Wordpress Draft Post

• 4 July 2023
  • 4 replies

The Zapier WordPress action for finding a post only works on already published posts. Is there something I am missing in order for the system to find posts that are in DRAFT? I believe this is the most common workflow, where we first want to modify posts before they are published.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

I noticed that when I start with WordPress as the trigger, we can search and filter the posts by status. However, when we add WordPress to an existing workflow, that option is not available. Is there a way to enable the search for posts by status type when WordPress is not the trigger?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @rpblock,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, if it’s possible could you also share the “Action” section of your action steps that shows all the fields?

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Hi Thank you for looking into this, I am attaching the requested screenshots.

Another related problem I am experiencing with this wordpress trigger is that OLD post are being counted as new post. 

I am trying to determine what is triggering old post in my wordpress database to be consifered new by Zapier and I cannot find any. 

Even the “data out” ackonowleges the data of the post is in the past.

id: 8293

date: 2023-05-30T08:45:32

date_gmt: 2023-05-30T08:45:32

​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @rpblock,

Thank you so much for sharing the screenshots and providing additional details.

After looking into the issue, it appears that we need to investigate further to understand why this is happening. I couldn't find any previous reports related to the "New Post" triggering on old posts.

It's possible that there is a bug with the WordPress integration. To get to the bottom of this, I recommend reaching out to our friendly Support team. They'll be able to closely examine the Zap and its logs, helping us identify the root cause of the problem. You can contact our Support team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I hope this information steers you in the right direction. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with! 😊