Question

How to find a Zap for SMS automated communication?

• 22 April 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m looking for a service that can receive an inbound text and the first inbound text gets a specific automated reply, and every inbound text after that gets a different automated text.

For example, if I offer a job to a contact list via text, and the first person to reply get the job, then I need an automation that will reply with a specific message to the first person that responds, and for all other responses after that I need another response like “job already taken.” Anyone know of a Zapier integration that can do this? I am going to use ClickSend as my SMS program to send out the mass texts. They have automated responses but I can distinguish between an automation for the first reply back received, and every other reply back after the first. 

Any help much appreciated!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @heidisteinrock!

Thanks for reaching out. Hmm, interesting! Were you thinking you’d prefer to use ClickSend for the entire workflow? If so it might be worth checking out some of the available triggers and actions for ClickSend.

You can also check out some of the other SMS apps that integrate with Zapier! I imagine you may be able to accomplish something along these lines with Filter by Zapier as well. Here’s a few resources for getting started with Filters:

I hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction. Let us know how you’re able to get along with this! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @heidisteinrock 

Good question.

You’ll likely have to log the inbound SMS to then reference in the Zap to see if it’s the first response or not.

GSheets or Airtable can be used for this.