Best answer

How to create Dropbox folder with shared link that anyone with the link can upload to

• 17 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I’d like to create a Zap that does roughly this:

1. Zap is triggered by a form submission (don’t need help with this)
  2. Finds contact of form submission in CRM (don’t need help with this)
  3. Create new Dropbox folder related to contact/form submission (don’t need help with this)
  4. Create a shareable link to the new folder that anyone can upload files to (need help here)

The “Create Shared Link in Dropbox” step creates a link to the folder but it doesn’t look like people who receive the link can upload files to the folder, they can only create a copy of it or download the folder.

icon

Best answer by SamB 19 January 2023, 10:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @c2b 

Good question.

Some of the desired functionality may depend on your Dropbox plan, and/or may require a user to have a Dropbox account.

Perhaps check out Dropbox Folder Requests: https://help.dropbox.com/share/create-file-request

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @c2b!

I did some checking and found that there’s an existing feature request for a “Create File Request Folder” action to be added. That action would allow you to send users a link to the Dropbox folder where they can then upload files to.

I’ve added your vote for that feature request to help increase its priority. Sorry it’s not an immediate solution here. We’ll email you as soon as it’s added and we’ll post any updates in the thread here as and when they happen! 🙂