Question

How to create an automated template that inputs customer data into a PDF?

• 4 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have an idea for a lead magnet, but I'm missing an idea of how to play with it tool-wise. I want to give a useful template/document (graphic PDF ideally) to a customer for free, which will be functional for him when he puts his company data in it, then he can print it and use it. I want to make it as easy as possible for the client to put the data into the template, so ideally I would like to have the data the client gives in some form automatically put into the document.

The flow: The customer enters the landing > enters an email > the email asks for the data to be placed in the template > gets a ready-made template.

Which tools I need to make it work?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @filip1910 

Good question.

You can search Zap apps here: https://zapier.com/apps

Each Zap app has a profile page that lists the available triggers/actions.

Sounds like you’ll need these type of apps:

Or try asking AI.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@filip1910 This is pretty easy to do. 

If you can design everything in Google Doc, you can actually place the inputs from the user (via form) and create a new doc using the templated Google Doc. Once that Doc is created, you can simply use any of the Zapier App that can convert docs into PDF to produce what you’re looking for. 

Happy to help.