Question

How to create a zap that triggers to fill and send a pdf

• 27 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi there, 

I am looking for an app to fill pre-signed forms with that I can connect with Hubspot.

Trigger → a date that is set in a property on the deal in Hubspot
Action → fill in a preset field in the pdf with text and send the pdf out to the email of the contact connected in Hubspot

Note: there are different pre-signed forms (one for type A, one for type B etc.) and the zap also need to be able to only fill and send out form type A to a contact that has that type set in a property in Hubspot. 

Ideally the app is also for free/affordable:)

Thanks for your help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Check the available apps here: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/documents

GDocs can be used a GDoc Template that can also be saved as a PDF.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Coliv 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Coliv,

I use the CRM as a trigger, and a Path to 2 different GDoc Templates. The final document is uploaded to GDrive. Then you can transform that document into a PDF with Zapier, and then send it via Email.

As an alternative, you can use PandaDoc to send the document directly to the customer. There’s an option to attach the document as a PDF file as well. But the person that receives the document will be able to sign electronically as well using PandaDoc.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Coliv,

take a look at Plumsail Documents (https://plumsail.com/documents/). It allows you to populate PDF forms and deliver the result to storage clouds, eSignature systems, send by email. All included in one Zapier action as you can set all things inside the Plumsail Documents process. 

So, you'll have just one 2-step zap to make your job:
Trigger. Hubspot trigger
Action. Plumsail Documents - Start document generation process 

Pricing is affordable. The service provides a 30-day free trial to decide whether it works for you or not.