Best answer

How to create a incident response Zap?

• 1 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I really am stumped on how to figure this out. I have read several articles regarding the integration but still I cannot figure out how to create a zap with my tools affectively. It has definitely been a frustrating experience. Any help is especially appreciated! <3

The tools I have is:

PagerDuty- incident management tool

StatusCake- Website performance monitoring tool

Monday.com- ticketing system tool

Slack- Communication tool

Right now I have Statuscake sending alerts to Slack. However, Statuscake does not have enough zap integrations on zapier to get the severity of the issue and cannot properly work with monday.com.

I used zapier to format the message from the Statuscake alert in Slack and to hopefully make a ticket in Monday.com. Now I am trying to figure out how to get these tools to work together to trigger for incident response from a Slack message that has a Statuscake alert and make it to a Monday.com ticket. 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 2 June 2023, 04:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @zappyTee,

It looks like your desired workflow might be a bit complex. However, I'm here to help! I'd be happy to outline what this Zap workflow would look like for you:

1. Trigger: StatusCake
  2. Action: Slack - Format the message in Slack with the alert details.
  3. Action: monday.com - Create a ticket in Monday.com with the formatted message from Slack.
  4. Action: PagerDuty - Trigger an incident response in PagerDuty with the alert details.

Would this information help guide you in the right direction? If not, I recommend reaching out to one of our certified Zapier Experts who can help simplify your workflow.

You can reach our Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you so much for your insights! It is definitely helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @zappyTee,

You are most welcome! I’m glad I was able to point you to the right direction.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗