Question

How to copy latest comment between linked JIRA issues?

• 27 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

How to copy latest comment between JIRA issues based on linked fields.

If issue is updated and includes linked issue, copy last comment to the linked issue.

Is this possible? I am not able to figure it out.

Thanks.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jiri Sorry for the delay in getting an answer on this one!

The key question is what information we see from the issue updated trigger. If that information includes the last comment and the linked issues, then yes this is possible.

Could you possibly share a screenshot of the information that you get when you test the Updated issue trigger for Jira? Or if not, can you take a look at the fields there and see if you can see last comment and linked issues?

Userlevel 1

It does not. I thought that I will see all fields which are available in the ticket. Not sure what I do wrong.

image.png

image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I've taken a look at this action in my account and it should have a field called Issue Links - can you see that in the information that you're getting from the trigger? And does that field have linked issues in it (the sample I had didn't have any linked issues so I can't see) ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Jiri!

Just wanted to check in real quick to see if you were able to get this one resolved based on what Danvers had suggested. Thanks!