Best answer

How to Complete Tasks Under an Account on a Third Party Website

• 24 October 2022
  • 2 replies

I am creating a website for an ecommerce store soon and am looking into solutions for tasks I need automated in the future. I'm not sure if there is an integration that covers this task, so I need help from someone who is more familiar.

I will have an account with a virtual mailbox, as in an a shipping address that can be used to send/receive packages that is not located at a business location. There will be an online account and an app that can be used to sort through this mail, repackage it if necessary, and forward it to any location. The virtual mailbox company will be iPostal1 (unless a suitable alternative is necessary).

After a customer orders a product from the store, the manufacturer will automatically send the product to the virtual mailbox (the process for this automation has already been determined through a previous post). The customer's mailing address with automatically be captured from order info. I will receive an email when this package arrives at the virtual mailbox. The customer's shipping information needs to be automatically inputted into the forward package section under my account for the virtual mailbox to forward the package to the customer. 

In short, is there a way to automate completing tasks by navigating through an account on a third party website and filling out captured customer information? 

Thank you in advance for any help this receives,

Mat

icon

Best answer by RALaBarge 24 October 2022, 22:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey there Mat, hope you are well!

At the moment, Zapier requires the apps we work with to offer an API of some sorts. An API are a set of URLs and rules that they maintain which Zapier can use to push data to or pull data from on demand. This means that Zapier cannot log into websites or fill out web forms in the way you describe.

I looked on Google, but did not find any signs that iPostal1 offers an API, but it is not unheard of for a service to have a private one which they will share info about on request.  In any case the API info alone is usually not enough.  In most cases one would then need to create an app on Zapier using our developers platform.

I did not see any Virtual Mailbox apps on our platform at all at the moment, but as you continue to look around keep an eye out for one that offers an API if you wanted to automate this type of a thing in a workflow.

Hey there Mat, hope you are well!

At the moment, Zapier requires the apps we work with to offer an API of some sorts. An API are a set of URLs and rules that they maintain which Zapier can use to push data to or pull data from on demand. This means that Zapier cannot log into websites or fill out web forms in the way you describe.

I looked on Google, but did not find any signs that iPostal1 offers an API, but it is not unheard of for a service to have a private one which they will share info about on request.  In any case the API info alone is usually not enough.  In most cases one would then need to create an app on Zapier using our developers platform.

I did not see any Virtual Mailbox apps on our platform at all at the moment, but as you continue to look around keep an eye out for one that offers an API if you wanted to automate this type of a thing in a workflow.

Thank you for the response. I have found an alternative virtual mailbox that utilizes API that already had an integration with Zapier. I will set up custom actions with this company instead. Thank you for the help