Best answer

How to bulk switch app accounts?

• 6 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello, 

I do have a few apps that are used in 40+ Zaps. And I need to change all those apps to different accounts.

I used test accounts while building the Zaps, but I need to switch to the “live” accounts now.

How can I do that without editing each of the 40+ Zaps?

Thanks for help, 
Michael

icon

Best answer by SamB 6 June 2023, 12:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @michael291! 👋

There’s no bulk edit option or workaround I can suggest for choosing different app accounts across multiple Zaps. The Reconnect option would allow you to update an existing connection that has expired, and that would update that same connection across all Zaps that use it. But I don’t think that it would allow you to add in a completely new account connection and update multiple Zaps. 

So you’d need to go in one at a time to change them. 

You can see a list of all the Zaps that are using a specific connection which might make finding them a bit quicker. To do that you’ll want to click onto the relevant app from the My Apps page in your account. Then click on the three dots [] icon next to the app connection you want to change and select View Zaps:

3683013c34dcb8329d63add0701cb0d0.png
This will then give you a list of all the Zaps using that connection and from there you can view the Zap’s details and then open up the Zap Editor to change the connection it’s using.

Not an ideal process I know, so I’ve passed your comments about wanting a way to bulk edit app accounts across multiple Zaps to the Product team. I can’t make any promises as to when bulk editing of app connections would become available but we’ll be sure to post an update about it here in the Community as soon as it is! 🙂

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello @SamB ,

thanks for your response. That is really bad news! So I have to go through about 800 single steps to change the account ☹️

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yikes! That is a lot of steps to update, @michael291!

Hmm, I wonder could you change the login details for the connected test accounts directly within the apps? You’d likely then need to reconnect the accounts in Zapier after doing that. I’ve not tested this myself but it might be worth a try to see if it saves you having to manually update 800 steps.

Keep us posted on whether that works! 🤞