Question

How to automatically create a Sleep block in my Google Calendar after a night shift?

• 1 December 2023
  • 4 replies

I work shifts and run a business. I subscribe to my shift schedule (a URL) on google calendar.    I would like to be able to block off the day automatically after a night shift. 

There is a zapier template for a preparation block of time before specific meetings based on using a search phrase, but I can’t find one for a post-meeting block of time. In my case, I would like to automatically set up a calendar “event” to sleep for X hours after my night shift ends.  

I appreciate any ideas you might have. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CarolynS 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: GCal - Event Ended
  2. Action: GCal - Create Detailed Event

Thanks - I am struggling with the Action. I am unclear what to put in the Action for start date/time and end date/time as I want this to happen automatically every time a new shift is added to the google calendar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CarolynS 

Start Date/Time would be the end date/time of your shift event.

Then you can use the same value and use a date modifier to add X hours as shown in the link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @CarolynS! 👋

Were you able to get that Create Detailed Event action set up using a date modifier as Troy suggested?

Let us know if you still need any help at all - happy to assist!