Question

How to automate separating and sending payroll PDFs to employees with Zapier?

• 22 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello community!
I'm currently working for a company in Berlin, and we are trying to automatize some tedious process. One of this process is sent the payroll. At the moment, we receive a big Pdf from each City where we work and the manager from each city need to separate this PDF in the different payroll and send to each employee. 
So I want to at least automatize de process to separate each payroll. And will be amazing also automatize send it separately to each of them . 
The Payrolls are made it with Datev, and not all have the same number of pages. Each worker have a worker number that can help to after send the payroll. 
Any suggestions?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Pascualobato. Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Perhaps you could use an app like PDF.co to automate the splitting of the PDF?

It has a few different actions for splitting PDFs and it looks like one of them could be used to allow the Zap to split the PDF based on a text search:

b069551dfe93fc9010967a52dbcdc8e7.png
I think that might work best for your needs here since the number of pages in each section may differ. I’ve not used that action myself but found a guide on the PDF.co website that explains how to use that action which you might find helpful on that: Zapier Scenario: Splitting a PDF into Individual Invoices & Taking Actions Based on Keywords   

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any trouble on that just let us know - happy to help further! 🙂 

Userlevel 1

Hello - 

I am currently running this exact process, but it’s for our invoicing.  We get a large single PDF generated from our invoicing system and I need to split it, extract metadata from fields on the invoice and then based on a handling code, email the invoice or drop it into a Sharepoint folder.  

We use PDF.CO as shown above and they were very helpful with creating the template and creating a Zap for us.  I would highly recommend reaching out to them.  Here is a brief overview of our initial flow to read/parse/split the PDF and then take the actions I mentioned: