Question

How to append a new Dropbox link to existing text in WordPress using Zapier?

• 9 April 2024
  • 4 replies

So far, my Zap is the following:

1. New File in Folder in Dropbox (done, works fine)
  2. Substitute 3 last characters of the public link so the image shows on a WordPress page (done, works fine)
  3. ----- now comes the mess.. what am I supposed to do to append this new link to an existing text?

I don’t want all my page to be “updated” (which means that everything will be erased and replaced by a new text), I want it to be appended.

Anyway, this feature is what will make me keep my account in Zapier or not, and get my refund.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @NicoleSigaud ,

This is not possible directly. You will have to get post content through API and than update the wordpress post with the past content and new Dropbox link.

Can you tell me what are you trying to automate? Whats your end goal?

So, basically you are saying that Zapier does not offer the basic copy-paste function. This is quite bizarre…

Also, you mention the API. OK, but did not say how to do this.

I want to automate a Dropbox link / change its 3 last digits / append it to an existing page. This is what I wrote in my question; please read it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @NicoleSigaud

This is possible to do with Zapier! 🙂

In order to update an existing WordPress post you’d first use a Find Post action for Wordpress. Then on the Update Post action, in the Content field you’d select the field containing the existing content of the post that was found by the Find Post action. In that same Content field, you’d then also select the relevant field containing the link that was changed.

For example:
2b1b764ca9feeb21a3e8f66fd96c788e.png

This will ensure that the existing text for the post is kept and has the Dropbox link appended to it.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues on that or have further questions just let me know! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @NicoleSigaud

Just wanted to check in here to see how you were getting on?

Keen to ensure you’re all set so please do let us know if you’re still stuck at all and I’ll be happy to help further! 🙂