Best answer

How to add leads in Contact Form 7 to list in ActiveCampaign?

• 22 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi, do you know if there is a tutorial to take a lead from contact form 7 and add it to a specific ActiveCampaigne list adding a tag?

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 22 June 2021, 15:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Affinity 

What form app are you using (google forms, jotform, gravity forms, etc…? )

Your trigger (step 1) will be a new form submission. 
Your second step would be to create/update a contact in Active Campaign. I would encourage you to explore some of the templates on the Active Campaign page: https://zapier.com/apps/activecampaign/integrations 

I use ContactForm7 plugin on my wordpress page, i have a zap that send the lead details on a google sheet and i like to add another step in the zap to catch the lead in active campaige adding to a specific list with a tag

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Just to clarify, you have already configured the form submissions to come into Zapier onto a google sheet and are just looking to add an additional step to add the contact to Active Campaign?

The Create/Update contact action from ActiveCampaign is what you want to use. You can specify the list & tags

Right!
Sorry for my late, i was busy these days.
I followed your suggest and all is working fine.
I have the last question, the lead fill a form where the email field is not required.
The datails of the order go to the call center with telephone number for the order confirmation and laterally I'm building my own customer database for email marketing with the leads who leave the email address.
If i have an order without email addres, ActiveCampaign return an error because it wants an ID or an email.
I don't care about contacts who don't give me the email address to store in ActiveCampaign.
Can i ignore this alert or i can set a conditional step to follow only for the data with email?

Thanks so much for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You can ignore the errors but if the zap accumulates a lot of errors in a short amount of time Zapier will turn it off. 

If that were to become the case, I would suggest adding a Filter step right after the trigger that only lets through contacts that have an email address

thanks for your advise!

I setted the filter in the right way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Affinity!

That looks right to me :) Have you tested it out to see if it’s working properly?