Question

How to add a search field in Interfaces to select predefined options from a Tables?

• 25 July 2023
  • 3 replies

I am looking to use a Zapier Interface but I need a field to be a predefined option pulled from a Zapier table. Is there any capacity to have a search field in a Zapier interface to do this? I am aware the functionality exists for a tickbox but I only need one choice and would prefer to give my users the capacity to search

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rneville 

Good question.

Perhaps you can include a real example and provide screenshots to help us have more context about what you are trying to solve.

Here is a quick example using Gsheets. In the first column you can all the options (this would be the data in Zapier sheets) In C1 you can see a dropbox selection. If I start typing Wo it will show only Word as an option whereas if a typed in “P” it would give me the option of publisher or powerpoint. 

With such a short list its easy to just click on the one you want but imagine if you had 80 different options like my company does for this field. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@rneville 

Feedback and feature requests can be submitted directly to the Zapier Tables or Zapier Interfaces team.