How many tasks on average are used per Zap?

• 7 August 2023
  • 1 reply

👋 I’m looking into getting a larger budget for Zapier at my company but I need to estimate usage. Just curious, how many tasks do you user per zap? Like, what’s the average?

At the moment, I’m using 1-2 -- but I’m concerned as I dig in more, I’ll use more tasks per zap. If you don’t mind sharing add the typical number of tasks per zap in thread or DM me.

TIA!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Fred Charris!

The amount of tasks folks will use will be largely dependant on the number of actions carried out by each of their Zaps and how many times they run. This can vary greatly so what’s average for one user, may not be a good indicator of what will be average task usage for you.

To estimate how many tasks you might need in the near future it might be better take a look at the workflows that you’re planning to build on Zapier and breakdown each aspect of them into triggers and actions. Once you know roughly how many actions would be involved for each Zap workflow, you’d then make a best guess at how many times the Zap would potentially trigger a month and multiply that by the number of actions to get the Task usage. This would give you a rough idea of the amount of additional tasks you might need to cover the additional workflows. 

It may be worth checking out our How is usage measured in Zapier? guide to learn more about what does and doesn’t count towards task usage when coming up with an estimate for your potential task usage. 

That said, it may be helpful to know that you’re free to upgrade or downgrade your Zapier plan at any time. So if you over estimate and upgrade to too high a plan and find that you don’t need that many tasks you can always downgrade the plan to better suit your task usage.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction here. Let us know if you have any further questions! 🙂