Question

How do we create a Zap that triggers only cart abandonment and failed payments in Thinkific?

• 29 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there, 

Does anyone know how to create a successful zap if someone creates a profile on Thinkific, abandons their cart or their payment fails? 

I haven’t been able to find a successful zap for any of these scenarios into Flodesk. There is a way to create a new subscriber in Flodesk when each one of these events occurs, BUT this “Zap” also gets triggered when someone enrolls in a new course. So they end up showing up as enrolled in the course and “cart abandonment” status within Flodesk. 

I tried using the filter option, but don’t see anything to filter on within zapier that would signify this is a cart abandonment/ failed payment.

Does that make sense? Any insight would be appreciated. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Gellyahnah 

Good question.

These are the only available Thinkific Webhook Events available: https://support.thinkific.dev/hc/en-us/articles/4422658311703-Webhooks-Documentation

Thank you! I looked at the documentation, but I don’t see what I’m looking for. 

For instance, if I want to create a “web hook” for “cart abandonment,” which one of these on the documentation do you suggest that I use? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Gellyahnah 

I’m not seeing an available webhook event from Thinkific for abandoned cart, meaning it may not be possible to do what you want.

You can try reaching out to Thinkific Support for confirmation/guidance.