Best answer

How do I use Zapier to export old emails from Gmail to Google sheets?

• 4 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there, I’m brand new to Zapier and automation. I have many emails that were sent to my gmail account from a Squarespace form for lead generation. I’d like to export the content of these emails to a Google Sheet - however everything I’ve seen so far shows that Zapier would do this with NEW emails, not OLD. Is it possible to create an automation for old emails?

Thanks for your time - and all the best!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 4 March 2024, 22:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ZapItJon 

Help articles to reference for using Gmail in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/gmail/help

Not all my emails are triggering my Zap

Each Gmail trigger has a specific length of time in the past that it can "see" emails in your Gmail account. If the email in question is older than the time limit, the trigger won't be able to detect that email.

These limits are as follows:

• New Labeled Email - Unlimited
  • New Starred Email - 2 days
  • New Email - 1 hour
  • New Email Matching Search - 1 hour
  • New Thread - 1 hour
  • New Attachment - 1 hour

Please note that if you would like to trigger a Zap for starred emails that entered your inbox more than two days ago, you can use the New Labeled Email trigger and specify the STARRED label from the dropdown when setting up your Zap.

Userlevel 1

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @ZapItJon! A huge shoutout to Troy for lending a hand here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗