Question

How do I use Microsoft Teams Tags in Zapier to automate file management and renaming workflows within Teams?

• 13 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Using Microsoft Teams Tags for Automated Workflows in Zapier

Hello Zapier Community,

I hope this message finds you all well in your automation journeys.

I have been using Zapier as a key solution to streamline various tasks for my team and we are mainly operating in the Microsoft Teams environment and Wealthbox CRM. One specific technology within Teams we've found useful are Teams Tags.

I'm interested in exploring the possibility of creating Zaps that utilize these Microsoft Teams Tags to automate specific workflows. More specifically, I am curious about activities such as:

1. Moving files within a file tree in Teams.
  2. Renaming the files within Teams.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of interface? Is this sort of interaction even possible with Zapier's current capabilities?

Any shared experiences, insights, or even tips on getting started with this sort of task would be greatly appreciated. I am always looking to maximize the efficiency of my automation processes!

Thanks in advance for enlightening me with your responses!

Best regards,

AA. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ZenFlow_AAubc,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Our Microsoft Teams integration is specific for these triggers and action and it doesn’t seem like Microsoft Teams has the functionality to move files and rename files:

cb2c3e807ab12df434bc65b80ac468bb.png
(view larger)

If there’s an API for moving files and renaming files in Microsoft Teams you might want to utilize API Request (Beta) or the Custom Actions (Beta) to get you started.

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi ken.a, 

Thanks for the welcome and the helpful information! I wonder about SharePoint specifically and using Power Automate. hmm...🤔

Thanks, again!