Best answer

How do I update YouTube video thumbnail using Dropbox and "Update Video Thumbnail" action?

• 22 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

**SOLVED**

The solution: by default zapier uses there own zapier youtube account (or a demo one). When you use your video ID and try to update the thumbnail, it will not work as “technically” it cannot update the video of your account which is why youll get access denied or something similar. I changed the ID to a static ID of one of my other videos and in the second input included direct media link. Then tested. It worked. So whilst you’re in testing mode you should be using static text rather than dynamic as the dynamic is for zapiers accounts. Once it works with static, change it to dynamic again and publish the zap. It should work.

Hi, 

Im trying to update youtube videos thumbnail through the “youtube thumbnail update” action.

The process is upload image to dropbox → dropbox direct media link → in the youtube update input.

I get an internal error message.

I’ve tried variations of the options such as:

file + extension → YT update but keep getting internal error.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 25 September 2023, 07:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Englander,

That’s awesome! Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted!

I’ll share the solution in my reply so that I can tag it as the “Best Answer,” and our other awesome Community members can see it easily.

Your solution:

The solution: by default zapier uses there own zapier youtube account (or a demo one). When you use your video ID and try to update the thumbnail, it will not work as “technically” it cannot update the video of your account which is why youll get access denied or something similar. I changed the ID to a static ID of one of my other videos and in the second input included direct media link. Then tested. It worked. So whilst you’re in testing mode you should be using static text rather than dynamic as the dynamic is for zapiers accounts. Once it works with static, change it to dynamic again and publish the zap. It should work.