Best answer

How do I update values in Tables?

• 21 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Dear Community,

I import leads from Heyflow to Zapier Tables, which is a form builder. This works perfectly for new records, which are stores in tables. 

Now I would like to update this entry each time this person fills out the form again. In Heyflow, this is a new entry each time, which is just how it works. 

Ideally, I would like to have a check if the lead exists already already and then either create a new entry or update the existing ones. Any idea how I can do that? 

This is my current configuration, which doesn’t do the job because I can not filter by a check if the lead already exists.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 21 September 2023, 20:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ssielmann 

Good question.

It’s unclear what Step 4 is doing, so please clarify.

Try adding this Zap action: Zapier Tables - Update Record

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone :)

What happens if the record is not existing that should be updated? Does it create a new one? 

My problem lies here: The zap does not know whether it should create a new row or update an existing one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ssielmann 

Check the available Zapier Tables Zap triggers/actions: https://zapier.com/apps/zapier-tables/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Try using this Zap action: Find Record

Within the Zap action step config, check the checkbox to enable the Create Record option.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes, that does it all :) Thanks to much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s excellent news @ssielmann! Shoutout to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗