Best answer

How do I update a monday.com item with fields and a subject line from a new FreshService ticket?

• 11 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Creating a Zap between slack and monday.com, I want some of the information to add as an update in Monday.com but it doesnt seem to be an option.

Any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by jesse 8 August 2022, 21:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @megglestone 

Taking a peek, there is this setup available, which does allow an update to Monday when a message is posted to Slack: 

Are you looking for more info on how to add specific things to the update, or anything else I can help look into with you? 

Best,

Rachael

How would i then know which item to create the update on? 

For context, i want to send the subject and a field from freshservice to Monday.com. I want the field in FreshService to populate the update field but im struggling to configure that. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Thanks for coming back and giving some additional context @megglestone . I did some digging, and in order to populate the update field what you’ll want is actually the action Change Multiple Column Values (which is an update, although a bit confusing!). In order to say “where” to update, you likely will want to Get Item by Column Value, which will specify where the update will happen.

You mentioned two different apps in this thread, Slack and FreshService as possible Trigger steps for your Zap, mind sharing a printscreen or what you want to cause Monday to update? But that Change Columns Value and a Get Item Column Value Step seem like the right starting place for you to get your Zap up and running! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey folks! Coming in here to summarize the answer to your question about how to update to monday.com items with Freshservice fields:

In order to populate the update field what you’ll want is actually the action Change Multiple Column Values (which is an update, although a bit confusing!).

In order to say “where” to update, you likely will want to Get Item by Column Value, which will specify where the update will happen.

That should get you pointed in the right direction! We’ll be here if anything else comes up along the way. 🙂