Best answer

How do I trigger on a reaction to any Discord message instead of a specific Discord message?

• 5 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey All, I could use some insight on the integration from Discord to Slack. I am trying to get the ability to have a reaction on a discord message send over to slack. I know within the Discord “Events” we can receive a slack message from a reaction on a certain discord message, but not any discord message. I have been playing with the idea of adding Webhooks to my Zap and having it pull that way, but I am very new to that idea and could use some guidance. Let me know if ya’ll have any thoughts! Thank you in advance! 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 6 October 2022, 01:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @jason.lynn! Thanks for reaching out and flagging this in community!

I can see you were able to chat with my friends in support who mentioned triggering off a reaction in Discord isn’t supported at the moment. 😔WOMP. They did add you to the feature request though so we’ll be sure to email you if and when this is implemented. We’ll be sure to keep the topic updated as well.

Regarding workarounds, they did also mention the potential to use Webhooks by Zapier in their email which could be possible. Full transparency, I haven’t dug into the Discord API enough to say that with any certainty though so might be worth taking a look there first.

If you’re down to sink your teeth into it though here’s a few resources to get you started:

I did want to be sure to mention Webhooks is usually considered an advanced approach so support may be limited. Once you’re up and running if you have specific questions on troubleshooting though always feel free to swing by our Code & Webhooks forum. The folks in there are usually a wee bit more technical and may be able to help get you back on track.

All that said, if you’re feeling like you’d rather not even bother and prefer to hire someone, our Zapier Experts are top notch✨.

I hope some of this helps! Keep us posted how this is working out for you! 🤗

Userlevel 1

@christina.d Thank you!!! I’m going to for sure dive deeper into this! I completely get the “support may be limited” part. I work for a sports tech company and that’s one of my favorite phrases to use haha! I appreciate you so much for attaching the links and I’m going to give it all I have! 

-Jason

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@jason.lynn checking back in with you to see how you got on with the links Christina shared! Would love to know more about your use case as well- sounds like an interesting pairing with sports + tech!

Userlevel 1

Hey @Liz_Roberts haven’t done much yet, but I plan on getting after it here in the next few days! Thank you for checking in