Question

How do I trigger branching actions based on a specific field value in my CRM?

• 21 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Is it possible to set up a zap with a decision tree that does two different things depending on the data in a specific field?

For example, I have two locations and a field in my CRM states which is the client’s preferred location.  I need to a zap that will take Action A if the location is #1, or Action B if the location is #2.

Thank you

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Kaylene!

Yes that’s totally possible! There’s an app called Paths by Zapier which would allow you to handle this sort of branching logic in a Zap. You can find out more about how it works and how to set it up here: Add branching logic to Zaps with paths

That said, paths are only available on a Zapier Professional or higher plans. There is also a way to handle it using Filter by Zapier, but that would involve creating two Zaps to carry out the relevant actions for each location. More on how that works here: Add branching logic to Zaps with filters

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction? If you have any further questions on this at all let us know. Always happy to help further! 🙂