Best answer

How do I transfer the fields of Airtable record as Chatfuel custom attributes?

• 16 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I have to create an automation that after entering a numeric code in chatfuel goes to look for that code in an airtable database, if the code is found it must return the fields of that code as chatfuel custom attributes, I created two blocks, the trigger and ' "send data to sapier", the second is "find record in airtable", the record corresponding to the numeric code is correctly located but now I don't know how to retransfer the fields of the record as chatfuel custum attributes, can anyone help me?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 28 June 2023, 11:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

sorry I wanted to send only these 3 attachments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Claudio Valente,

Great to have you in the Community! 🎉

I’m not really familiar with the Chatfuel app, but I noticed they have an "Update Subscriber Attributes" action. This seems to align perfectly with what you're trying to achieve.

Here's a quick rundown of how your Zap could be structured:

1. Trigger: Chatfuel - New Trigger of “Export via Zapier” Plugin
  2. Action: Airtable - Find Record
  3. Action: Chatfuel - Update Subscriber Attributes

Have you had a chance to experiment with the "Update Subscriber Attributes" feature yet? If you have, I'd love to hear how it went.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

Thanks Ken for your reply
I'll show you my problem, 

I created a flow on chatfuel where I ask to insert the sponsor code and I created a "send data to zapier" where I transfer chatfuel attributes (first name, last name, cod_sponsor, name_sponsor, surname_sponsor, see attach ins_cod_sponsor_1.jpg)

in zapier i created a trigger (see attach trigger and trasfer attribute_2)

I then created an "action" where I look for the record corresponding to the "cod_sponsor" (see attach find airtable in zapier)

Now I don't understand how to configure
"Update Subscriber Attributes in Chatfuel" because the attributes I transferred from chatfuel can't be found in this block (but they were present in the trigger)
furthermore the attributes to be updated must be written in the header on the left (under the text "attribute update) and the new values in "enter text or insert data" because I don't know how to insert them (see attach “update sub_attribute in chatfuel_5”)
Furthermore, by inserting the block below (Block), how should I then manage the flow of the chatbot, should I start again from that block and will I have the new updated attributes?

thank you for your answer

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Claudio Valente,

In “Update Subscriber Attributes in Chatfuel” block, you need to list down the attributes you would like to update. This would be on the left side where it says "Attribute to update". 

On the right side under "Enter text or insert data", you will input what data will replace the attribute on the left. You can choose to input text manually or you could insert data from previous steps. To use data from previous steps, click on the box on the right, then click on the button at the top right of the dropdown that appears. This will show you all the data collected by previous steps in your Zap. Click on the data you want to use, and it will be inserted into the box you selected. 

Now, I’m not really familiar of the process of Chatfuel, but we do have a directory of certified Zapier Experts that can help you streamline your workflow. You can reach them here: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

I solved the problem thanks to your valuable advice, thanks Ken

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Claudio Valente,

Awesome! I’m glad to know you were able to get it sorted!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊