Question

How do I transfer files from Monday.com to Google Drive

• 10 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I am currently trying to create a Zap that allows files in certain columns to automatically download into a folder in google drive. However, I first need to switch the files to a public URL. If anyone has to steps to help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Work123 

Good question.

Can you provide an example of the desired public URL you mentioned?

Hey Troy,

I was hoping for a URl that aloud me to view the png files in my drive. For example if I just conduct the Zap now, the photos that were posted in the form come up as a coded file, unable to be viewed. I also am also just realizing now that I should have mentioned that I am looking for the files from each new form submission to be uploaded. Not sure if that makes it harder or easier.

Thanks for the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Work123 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us more context.

Step 2 was my attempt to switch the URL to a viewable png.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Work123 

The link needs to be a publicly accessible direct download link to the file.

You can check this by copy/paste into a browser to see if a download starts immediately.

The Links I receive are public. However I have to go into the board and change add a file automatically then the Zap works. I would for do this automatically as a new form submission comes in. Is that possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Work123 

Public links can be different from public direct download links. (e.g. View vs Download)

My apologies, you are right. The link is not a direct download link. How might I switch it to that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Work123 

Would need to see a real example of a link you are trying to use.