Best answer

How do I throttle SugarCRM tasks from multiple apps in Zapier?

• 13 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

The connection with our CRM (SugarCRM) has been dropping frequently. I believe it gets dropped when Sugar’s task limit is reached (I don’t remember the exact limit, but it’s something like 1000 tasks within 5 minutes). Is there any way to set up some sort of universal throttling that Zapier can apply to all incoming tasks to our CRM so they are more spaced out? The issue is that some of our incoming apps are pushing too many tasks at one time. 

Example: we have a zap that says, “when a lead attends a webinar in GoToMeeting, push information to the lead record in Sugar.” GTM generates its list of attendees all at once after the webinar ends. If we have a webinar with 300 attendees, that causes 300 tasks to trigger in that Zap all at once. Adding a wait step won’t help since it would apply universally to all tasks. How can I fix this? 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 13 December 2023, 01:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hazelwhisper 

Try this Zap action: Delay - After Queue

https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-delays-to-zaps#delay-after-queue

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the quick response. 

If I’m understanding correctly, the minimum delay you can place on a task is 1 minute. That means the maximum number of tasks you could queue in a day is 1440. Is this accurate?

A one minute delay is rather extreme in the grand scheme of things. On high volume days, that would create a backlog, and I’d have no control over which zaps I’d want to take priority. Thoughts? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@hazelwhisper 

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Glorious, thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @hazelwhisper! Big thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊