Question

How do I split text?

• 12 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I am having trouble splitting text during the action step. 

I was able to use the formatter to use the split text option to split the text into a list. However, when I go to map it in the different Hubspot fields it groups all the information into one cluster again.

I would like it to keep each output item as its own and not have them grouped together again. 

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @RosalieSanchez,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please share a detailed screenshot with how your Formatter step is configured? Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks! 😊

I did it this way because I was trying to split all the information for everything after the “:”

For example my list reads:

1. Food: Apples
  1. Transportation: Car

and I just want to to read

1. Apples
  2. Car 

and for those line items to all be separate fields. 

What I did first is use the split text formatter to separate the “description” into a list. The I used the split text formatter to remove the all the information before the colon. However, it is still grouping it together. As one description and not separate fields. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RosalieSanchez 

Good question.

Try this Segment Index option.

NOTE: If the list has a variable # of items, then the mapping of individual variables to the following steps may produce inconsistent results.