Best answer

How do I setup a Zap to mirror Trello card comments in CompanyCam projects?

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to set up a zap so that when i make a status update in the form of a comment on a card in Trello, it also makes a comment in Company cam. I feel like i am close however i cant seem to get past the step where Companycam needs to find the project to post to.

The name of the Trello list is the same as the name of the project since I’ve already set up a zap to create a project in Companycam when a new list is created in Trello.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 4 March 2024, 20:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Graeme Unger 

What are the other Search By field options in the dropdown list?

Userlevel 1

If i select search by project name, there is no data insertion option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Graeme Unger 

Try selecting Project Name, then click the button [Refresh Fields] to see if that exposes the input field to use.

Userlevel 1

I can get Zapier to create a new card with the Companycam Project ID, but i then need to be able to get Zapier to pull that ID somehow.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I hit refresh & nothing happens

Userlevel 1

If i could find the card that has the Companycam ID in it, maybe i could get companycam to reference that exact project ID. But Zapier wont let me find the card name via card label name it seems.

Userlevel 1

Figured out how to get the card identified with the project ID, but it still doesn’t work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Graeme Unger 

What is not working now?

Screenshots of error.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Graeme Unger 

Can you show screenshots from CompanyCam that show the matching Project for the provided Unique External ID?

Userlevel 1

Plus when i use the zap that creates a trello card with the project ID from companycam it populates the same ID

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Graeme Unger 

I’m not sure that is the “Unique External ID”.

That may be the Internal Project ID.

You may want to try reaching out to CompanyCam Support for help with their Zap app integration.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Graeme Unger 

If you know the CompanyCam Project ID, then try mapping that directly to the Update Project Notepad step.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Yep! that's the solution!! Thanks so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an amazing news @Graeme Unger! A huge thanks to Troy for lending a hand here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗