Best answer

How do I set a reference code in a Bexio invoice when creating a new sales invoice from Google Sheets?

• 12 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello

How can I set a reference code in a Bexio Invoice?

When I manually create a new sales invoice in Bexio, I can set a reference code (the one with 27 numbers)

I do have a reference code allready in the trigger google sheet, where I get all the details for the new sales invoice.

But I don’t know, how to set up my zap, that it writes this reference code in the reference line (it’s in the text area right under the titel in Bexio)

My goal is, that the bank transactions got matched automatically in Bexio.

Any solutions or tips?

Kind regards

Silvan

icon

Best answer by ken.a 17 May 2023, 06:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Silvan,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dive any deeper, could you please share a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is currently configured? It would be really helpful to see the setup you have in place so we can get a better understanding of what might be going on. Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks so much! 😊

Hi @ken.a 

I tried these two fields, but they are not the right ones.

I want the zap to fill in this long number into the reference field (here shown from a manual entry)

It’s a simple zap and it works in general. I just need to know, how to get this reference code into the reference field in Bexio 😉

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Silvan,

I really appreciate you providing me with the additional information and screenshots - it's a big help!

Regarding the "Manual Entry" you mentioned, I noticed that Bexio has an action step called "Create Manual Entry," which seems to align with what you're referring to. Based on the fields I see in that action, it appears that the "Reference" field you mentioned is part of it. Have you given the "Create Manual Entry" action a try to see if it fits well with your workflow?

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hi @ken.a 

Thank you for your response.

Yes there is an option to create a manual entry, which is in the accounting section. Unfortunately this doesn’t work how I need it.

What I wanted to highlight with “manual” entry, is the difference between an automated invoice by a zap and one I did by myself.

It is in the sales section, where I want my zap to create a new invoice. And in this invoice I want to have this reference code with my zap.

My zap does creating a new invoice in the sales section, but it doesn’t fill in the reference code in the right field. The right field I haven’t found in the zap options. Do you know a solution to make it work for me?

Best regards

Silvan

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Silvan,

I appreciate the extra details you’ve provided.

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the “Reference” field in the “Create a Sales Invoice” action is not yet supported at the moment. I have created a feature request on your behalf to the Bexio developers so that they can take a closer look into this. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email or on this thread if it is!

Hopefully, this helps!

Super, thank you very much for your help 😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Silvan,

You are most welcome! I’m glad I could help create a feature request on your behalf.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗