Best answer

How do I send Google Drive file image to Telegram?

• 23 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to send new files that get uploaded to a Google Drive folder to a telegram chat. The issue is I cant find an option to send the image or a preview of the image. I’ve only been able to send a link of the image within the drive. 

Is there any way to send the image file itself?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 23 June 2023, 23:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Trent! Thanks for reaching out in community. 🤗

Hmm, If an image preview would work, I believe this action does support HTML/Markdown:

Here’s a few resources that may be useful in formatting:

Also worth mentioning the link to the image would need to be publicly-accessible, so it can’t require a login to be accessed.

Let us know if you think that could work! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Thanks Christina. 

For anyone else, I changed the folder share access on Google Drive “anyone with link can view” and changed the text format to HTML and Message text to “1. File: (exists but not shown)” for step two under telegram. 

The file sent with the URL and the image preview at the bottom

Thanks for all the help Christina

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Trent,

Awesome! I’m glad to hear that Christina was able to help you out! And a big thank you for sharing the steps you took to solve the problem. Your insights will undoubtedly be valuable to our wonderful Community members who might encounter the same issue.

Thanks again! 😊