Best answer

How do I send automated custom emails to SurveyMonkey respondents who answered a specific question?

• 20 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there! 

I am trying to use SurveyMonkey integrated with Zapier. I would like to be able to set up a way where if a person answers a specific survey question for an automated and custom email to be sent to them. For example, if they answered a question by uploading a specific file, I would want to be able to only send an automated email back to those people who answered the question. I would love to see if there are any triggers that could do something like this? Also, I am curious if I have an upgraded Survey Monkey plan would I also need to purchase an upgraded Zapier plan to do this? 

Thank you in advance!!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 20 April 2023, 20:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @tallulah 

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for your interest in Zapier.

Upon checking, you can use this trigger for SurveyMonkey.

15b861f546d5f2340d2aaadee74136ce.png

I want to clarify, would you like to collect files uploaded by respondents as part of a survey?

You can use the SurveyMonkey app even if you’re on a free plan with Zapier. You can check the Zapier plans here.

Thank you so much for replying @Brem !

Yes, I would like to collect files uploaded by respondents as a part of the survey and then if they did so, be able to send an automated email (most likely containing a file on our end) using Zapier! 

I’m hoping to get an upgraded SurveyMonkey plan and just wanted to make sure I would be able to use Zapier with unlimited features if I got that SurveyMonkey plan. I wasn’t sure if I would have to get both upgraded plans in order to do so! 

I really appreciate you taking time to respond!! Thank you!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @tallulah,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help! 

At the moment, files uploaded by respondents of a survey in SurveyMonkey are not returned when the Zap triggers.

Other users have asked for this feature and we have created a feature request with the SurveyMonkey team about this. I have added your email address as an interested user of this feature. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While not all feature requests are implemented, customer feedback like this is a huge part of how we continue to grow our platform. If this feature does get developed, we'll reach out to you directly to let you know!

In the meantime, you could also reach out to the SurveyMonkey team about this and let them know that you are interested in this feature as that could help in making this available faster.

Let me know if you require further assistance. 😊