Question

How do I send an automatic email to the event organizer after the event ends using Zapier?

• 31 October 2023
  • 11 replies

I want to setup a Zap that will automatically send out an email at the end of an event, to the person whose event ended. Would Zapier be able to automatically send the email to the attendees email or would I have to enter those emails manually. 

Basically event ends, oh its John’s event or Shaz’s event lets send him this email because he had an event today and it ended.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Shaz Supercell 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: GCal - Event Ended
  2. Action: Gmail - Send Email
    1. Map the attendees emails from Step 1

This field is like this how I can have it auto detect attendee email address from the calendar ? Or is that not possible ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Shaz Supercell 

Did you pick a Zap trigger step example from GCal that has meeting attendees?

You may need to add a specify a GCal trigger step search term to make sure the meetings have attendees.

Or you may need to add a Filter as step 2 to make sure there are meeting attendees.

If the Attendee data isn’t present as part of the Zap trigger, then you may need to add a Find Event step to get the Event Attendees.

@Troy Tessalone Your options look a bit different from mine, I’m trying to test this out on the Free plan at the moment is it possible on this plan ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Shaz Supercell 

Available Zap app triggers/actions for each app:

GCal: https://zapier.com/apps/google-calendar/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Gmail: https://zapier.com/apps/gmail/integrations#triggers-and-actions

If a Zap is 3+ steps, then that will require a Zapier paid plan.

I’m sure I’m doing something incorrectly but it’s not finding the Event name with “job#”, I make all the events in the calendar and select whose calendar it goes on.

I appreciate your help and patience 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Shaz Supercell 

I tested and the Attendees Email data does come thru for the GCal Event Ended Zap trigger.

Yeah I’m not sure where I’m going wrong on this. I make the events on GCal and assign in to the person they become the owner and I set it to send an email to them when the event ends.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Shaz Supercell 

Try testing live.

Check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot.

Check to see if there are Attendee email addresses in the DATA OUT from Step 1.

@Troy Tessalone Thanks for all your help one more thing, I have it sent to when the event ends atm, is it possible to change the time that the email is sent ? Like 1 hour before the event ends on Google calendar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Shaz Supercell 

Perhaps try using this Zap trigger: GCal - Event Start