Question

How do I send a single email in Gmail with all deal information to a contact person in Pipedrive?

• 4 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Hey Zapier team! Hope you’re having a great week. I’ll surely have it as well if I can figure this out :) 

I’m trying to build a zap, but I guess my knowledge is a bit limited on this topic. 

I’m basically wanting to build something between Pipedrive and Gmail (but if necessary to add Google Sheets as an extra step, then I’m willing to as well), where I want to find all deals that are linked to a Contact person and then send an email to that Contact person about their deals. 

I currently can make it that every deal is a separate email to the Client, but if there’s too many deals then it becomes a bit spammy. 

Is there a way to build a zap that allows to gather all information of all deals connected to a client and email them with relevant information from those deals (deal title and some custom fields)? 

I was suggested to use Formatter, but even after reading about it, I still couldn’t figure out how to use it for this specific example. Hoping someone can help me here.

Thank you in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Filipe Portela! 🙂

Hmm, what’s the desired trigger for this workflow? For example are you looking to run this Zap every time a deal is updated or a deal enters a certain stage perhaps? 

In terms of finding the existing deal information, I suspect using a Google Sheets spreadsheet to store this information may well be the way to go. It’s Lookup Spreadsheet Rows (output as Line Items) action would allow you to find multiple rows containing the relevant deal information. And the Find Deal (Pipedrive) action would only be able to find a single deal. 

Then you’d want to use a Formatter (Utilities > Line-item to Text) action to convert the line items (that would output by the Lookup Spreadsheet Rows action) into text that you can use in the email. Do you think that approach could work?

Looking forward to hearing from you!