Best answer

How do I securely connect my team's individual Gmail accounts to Zapier?

• 6 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

I am creating a zap that involves my sales teams individual GMail accounts… Is there an easy way for me to get him to secure his email account connection without just having him give me his password???

Thanks,
Woozie

icon

Best answer by SamB 7 November 2023, 13:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Woozie83! 👋

It’s possible to share account connections with our Team or Company plans. More on how to do that here: Share app connections with your team

Alternatively, you could share a copy of the Zap (as a template) and have them recreate it in their own Zapier account. This would allow them to connect the Zap to the relevant apps using their own login credentials. You can learn more about that here: Share a template of your Zap

Hope that helps to point you in the right direction, let us know if we can assist with anything else! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi @Woozie83! 👋

It’s possible to share account connections with our Team or Company plans. More on how to do that here: Share app connections with your team

Alternatively, you could share a copy of the Zap (as a template) and have them recreate it in their own Zapier account. This would allow them to connect the Zap to the relevant apps using their own login credentials. You can learn more about that here: Share a template of your Zap

Hope that helps to point you in the right direction, let us know if we can assist with anything else! 🙂

@SamB follow-up question. So let’s assume at my work I have two employees: john@doe.com and jane@doe.com. John is part of a google group that sends emails from support@doe.comjohn@doe.com

Suppose John wants to create a zap that reads email from support@doe.com from his gmail. How does John share that zap safely with jane@doe.com. For example, john only wants to give access to emails from support@doe.com, and doesn’t want Jane to be able to search through his entire email if they’re working together on a zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @iamchan 👋 sorry for missing your message here previously!

For that scenario, the easiest solution I can think of would be the connect the Zap they’re working on to the support@doe.com account - assuming Jane is allowed to have access to those support@doe.com emails? 

Alternatively John could set up a new email account and set up an email forwarding rule in his gmail account for the support@doe.com emails to go to that other email address. Then he’d connect the Zap to that other email address which would only have access to the support@doe.com emails. That way Jane would only have access to the other email account that’s been set up to receive the forwarded support emails, not john’s email account.

Hope that helps. If you run into any issues on that or if you need help with anything else at all just let us know!