Best answer

How do I search in Salesforce for the donor and, if it finds them, add the donation to their record or create one if one isn't found?

• 13 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I am trying to set up Salesforce for my small nonprofit.  We use Quickbooks for our accounting and enter donations as a new receipt in Quickbooks.  I want Salesforce to search for the donor and, if it finds them, add the donation to their record.  If it does not find them, then I want Salesforce to create a new account with the donation.  Is this possible?  I am particularly having trouble mapping all of the fields.  For example, what is “phone number” called?  Or, I have an object titled “12 month total giving” and “total lifetime gifts”.  How do I get a new receipt in Quickbooks to add to this total?  Is this something Zapier can do?

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 14 November 2022, 16:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @GSP ! Welcome to the Zapier Community- we love working with nonprofits!

This should be possible but I’m not 100% on the last bit regarding adding to the Quickbooks total. Could you share some screenshots of your configuration thus far (minus any personal info)?

@MohSwellam would love your take on the Quickbooks step here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for the mention @Liz_Roberts 

Hi @GSP , most of this is pretty straightforward. The part about the “12 month total giving” and “total lifetime gifts” should be automated inside quickbooks based on the receipts, are they not? 

For the other part, you can make a trigger from Salesforce (not sure what you want the trigger to be) and add Action “Find Customer in Quickbooks” with clicking the option “Create Customer if not found” . Then add action Create Receipt in Quickbooks. 

Hope this helps :)