Question

How do I reply to a new message in a Slack channel as a thread reply?

• 12 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello, I am trying to automate a response through a thread when a new message is sent to a channel, I based it on this blog, but it has not worked for me and I see that in the responses they say that it is the correct way to do it.

That’s the error:

And this the step:

2 replies

I see the problem, but why Ts_Thread is empty?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Williiam,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Is this the Zap you're currently working on? [LINK]

I understand that you're trying to automate a response through a thread when a new message is sent to a channel in Slack. I see that you've based your setup on our community blog post, but it hasn't worked as expected for you. No worries, I'm here to help.

It looks like this has been set up correctly:

?name=image.png

Can you let me know how this looks when you test it? Can you please send me a screenshot of the test from within Slack? Please make the screenshot full-page so that I can get a complete view of the record and the URL at the top of the page.

Please let me know once you've had a chance to review the above; I'd be happy to take a further look and assist in any way I can.

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

Thanks!