Skip to main content

Dear support  

We have different applications connected to Pardot to get more leads (eg: facebook, oncehub, qualifio, etc)

The connection was disconnected (we dont know why) on monday and we tried to connect it again. The problem is that the user who activated the connection is an admin user in Zapier but not in Pardot. (Eg: paula´s user)

We need to reconnect the Pardot application using the owner user in Zapier however when we tried to click on”reconnect” a pop up shows this message: 

“Reconnect app:

This connection is used by 74 Zaps. To avoid breaking them, reconnect the app using the existing credentials for paula´s user “

We can not use that paula´s user in the connection because all of our zaps are failing due to this missing admin permission in pardot (we can not give admin permission to paula´s user in pardot).

What does “braking them” mean? SHould we create all of them from scratch?

How should be proceed? 

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Hi @Pdaulikina 

Help link for re/connecting Zap apps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496258785421-Connect-your-app-accounts-to-Zapier

Try this tip:

Dear Troy, 

Tahnks a lot for the article however it does not seem to fix my issue.

Pardot connection was disconnected suddently and was reactivated by a user who is not admin user in pardot.

We want to “reconnect” this pardot app with the preiovus user with admin permissions in pardot however when we click on “reconnect” a pop up appears  saying  that zaps can be broken due to this action.

Reconnect app:

This connection is used by 74 Zaps. To avoid breaking them, reconnect the app using the existing credentials for paula´s user “

What does break them imply? How can we reconnect to this previous admin account without having any impact in the zaps? 

Thanks in adnavce

@Pdaulikina 

What does break them imply?

Zaps using a Step that is using an app account connection that is invalid will encounter errors on Zap Runs.

How can we reconnect to this previous admin account without having any impact in the zaps? 

You will need to reconnect the existing Pardot app connection here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Help: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496290788109-Manage-your-app-connections#h_01H90TMQPTCFW2X263FFKVGHR8

Reconnect your app account or connect to a different one

If the connection between an app and Zapier expires, you can reconnect the same account. To reconnect an app account:

• Go to the Apps page.
  • Click the app with the app connection you want to reconnect.
  • In the Connections tab for that app, click the three dot icon Nav: more horiz next to the app connection.
  • In the dropdown menu, click Reconnect.
  • A new browser tab or window will open. Follow the instructions to reconnect your app account.

The app account will be reconnected for all Zaps that use it.

Hi Troy,

“You will need to reconnect the existing Pardot app connection here: https://zapier.com/app/connections!

Exactly, that´s what I tried to do when I received that error below:

Reconnect app:

That´s paula`s user is the incorrect user who is causing the issue. The steps where the prospect needs to be created in pardot is where the system is stopped because that user does not have admin profile in pardot.

So despite the error said:” use the exisiting credentials for paula´s user” should we follow to reconnect the application and that pardot connector will be udpated for the previous user with admin profile in pardot?

Will we have to create/ adjust the zaps from scratch due to this action of reconnecting a different user?

Thanks in advance

Best regards.

This is happening with us too. No matter how many times I reconnect my account it keeps throwing an error.

Hi Troy, 

Any feedback about my last question?

Support team told me that the zaps might need to be re-mapped again if we do this “reconnect” action but they could not confirm 100%. 

Could you confirm this? Will we have to re map all the Zpas if we reconnect Pardot from the current user (admin user) to the owner user (previous user used in the connector)?

Thanks in advnace

Best regards

Hi folks 👋

Just came across this and spotted our Support team had confirmed to @Pdaulikina that this behaviour is due to a bug with the Pardot app on Zapier. 

@Pro-Vigil - I’ve added you to that bug report as well which will help to increase the priority of the issue. We can’t make any promises around when you can expect this to be fully resolved by but we’ll definitely reach out to your both via email once a fix has been shipped by our developers.

Support team told me that the zaps might need to be re-mapped again if we do this “reconnect” action but they could not confirm 100%. 

Could you confirm this? Will we have to re map all the Zpas if we reconnect Pardot from the current user (admin user) to the owner user (previous user used in the connector)?

@Pdaulikina - usually fields do not require re-mapping when a connection is updated with a Zap. Looking at the most recent correspondence between you and the Support team it seems you were able to reconnect the shared Pardot connection that’s used in a number of Zaps by reconnecting it within a single Zap. Assuming those Zaps are running correctly following that reconnection, without having remapped any existing fields, then that would confirm that you do not need to remap all the fields in each Zap when reconnecting an app connection. 

If you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime please do let me know. 🙂