Best answer

How do I put my PDF into a column of the same row as my original WPF zap to trigger a new Zap to email the customer with the PDF?

• 19 October 2022
  • 4 replies

I’m very new to Zaps so not sure of proper way to do things or my limitations.  My customers fill out a WPform to request information.  When that form is entered I zap it to a excel spreadsheet row.  I manually take that information go into my POS software, that I don’t think I can zap, and export their account information to a PDF.  From here is where I need help, and maybe before too :), can I place this PDF into a column of the same row of my original WPF zap to trigger a new zap to email the customer with the PDF?

Also, I have used Macro Recorder in the past to help with repetitive stuff, with my small market POS software.  Is there an APP that works with Zap that’s similar to a Macro Recorder?

icon

Best answer by franimal 19 October 2022, 17:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello there!
Happy to help - 

So the Zap you are trying to build sounds a bit like this…

(Trigger) Updated row in excel [trigger row: the row with the PDFs]

(action) Send email [this will pull the customers email from the row in excel as well] 

Click here to create this Zap. (I used Gmail here, but you can replace with whatever email client you use if it has an integration or use Zapier’s internal email tool) 

When it comes to macros - we do have some information available on macros within.. 

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find any macro recorder apps that do have public Zapier integrations right now - but did find some advanced workarounds on the Keyboard Maestro forum: https://forum.keyboardmaestro.com/t/send-data-to-zapier-webhook/13304 

Keyboard maestro is a paid app that automates repetitive stuff, we have a great blogpost about it here: https://zapier.com/blog/keyboard-maestro-shortcuts-and-macros/ 

If you have any questions, let me know! 

Ok so it is possible. I made it like you said but never got a email. I will start troubleshooting. 

thanks for the additional information. I will read it all!

Keyboard Maestro would be perfect. Unfortunately, looks to be Mac only. Need windows. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh no! I did a search for Windows alternatives to Keyboard Maestro and came up with this:

Full transparency, these aren’t vetted by Zapier but could be worth doing some research on if any may work for ya!

Hope this helps!