Question

How do i prevent code being pulled into my social media excerpts?

• 26 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve been trying to have my socials pull excerpts and other features to use as content in the post but it also ends up pulling html code. How can I pull the excerpts without the code being injected? Also looking to pull just the post title without all the urls and stuff after it. Pic attached

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Redraven 

Good question.

For clarity and context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured so we can understand which apps you are using.

Userlevel 1

Essentially what im trying to use it for is to just share my blog posts to a handful of social media sites and do it in a way that pulls the right content. I want it to pull an excerpt then the post or image and post link and ideally some tags. I’,m also not even sure how to make that simple there is a billion options. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Redraven 

Here’s a help article about how to remove HTML tags using a Formatter > Text > Remove HTML Tags step: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496308580365-Remove-HTML-tags-in-Zaps

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @Redraven - were you able to remove the HTML tags? Or did you have any other questions in your process of setting this Zap up? Either way we’re here to help! 

Best,

Rachael