Best answer

How do I populate a Google Sheet with email URLs and business names when a specific email is received in Gmail?

• 12 April 2023
  • 9 replies

I have 3 sections to my automation:

Gmail (new email search)

Filter (Custom business name)

google sheet (auto fills in email URL)

My question is how do I get the Filter (business name) to be in the google sheet along with the email URL?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 April 2023, 18:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @kylemogli 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us full context, thanks.

thanks for the reply. here is the overview of the 3 steps

in the first step/action all new email that come in  

with the words chatgpt text in

in the 2nd action/filter I only want the companies called AI news and Nomad life to only be used

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kylemogli 

If you wanted to know which passed the filter then you have 2 options:

OPTION 1

2 Zaps

1 Zap for each Company, set in the Filter step.

Then you can hardcode the desired company value in to the GSheet step for the desired column

OPTION 2

Paths

1 Path per Company

Each Path has a Filter step

NOTE: Paths require the Zapier Professional plan or higher

Then you can hardcode the desired company value in to the GSheet step for the desired column

This is the final steps that automatically fills in my google sheet. Am I going about my steps the best way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kylemogli 

You will have to set a static value here since the desired right side filter parameter value is not an available data point using one of the Zap design approaches previously shared.

OPTION 1

2 Zaps

1 Zap for each Company, set in the Filter step.

Then you can hardcode the desired company as a static value in to the GSheet step for the desired column

OPTION 2

Paths

1 Path per Company

Each Path has a Filter step

NOTE: Paths require the Zapier Professional plan or higher

Then you can hardcode the desired company as a static value in to the GSheet step for the desired column

Thanks for the advice @Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @kylemogli 

You’re welcome! Great to hear that Troy was able to help you!