Question

How do I only synchronise Google Calendar event from next weeks?

• 9 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Good morning,

I would to sync my google calendar to my Notion account so I don’t have to add manually my appointment to my tasks DB.

I managed to do the regular sync BUT I would like to sync ONLY events weekly (ex: every sunday afternoon I will add my events for the following weeks) to avoid to overfill my DB with events to far in advance.

The basic sync is working (concluant tests cf screenshot) but I never really published my zap before I can’t find a way to filter only events from the following weeks (today +8 days)

I hope you will be able to help me as it’s a really trigger point to a more efficient organisation..

AC

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @AC37 would you be open to trying out out Schedule feature? This may be a solution, you’ll use this as your first step, then carry on with your trigger and action. You can check out the screenshot below as well for reference. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your reply Chanelle. It can become my new trigger part.

My main issue remains to filters the google agenda events to only sync the events happening between today and today+7days to send them in my Notion DB.

Do you have an idea ?

Ac

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @AC37!

I was about to say that there isn’t a great way to do this, then I realized you can use Transfer (by Zapier) to accomplish this. We have scheduled transfers, and you can add filters to specify which records you’d like to transfer.

I created this one:

You can see how I said to only send events that have a begin date of after yesterday (meaning today and later) and before one week from today. You could play around with this to see what works best, but I think you’ll find that this is your best bet to accomplish your desired workflow with the least amount of fuss.

Get started with Transfer here.

Userlevel 1

Good Morning NickSimard,

your suggestion looked perfect to solve my issue.
But but when I tried to set it up the relative date were not a possibility. Can you assit ?

AC

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @AC37

I expect the filter is having trouble finding a match based on the format of the dates in the selected fields. Try changing the selected field from Event Begins (Pretty) to the Event Begins field instead. Like so:
48100e04f25f311b754ce0281a320420.png
Can you give that a try and let us know if that sorts it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks! 👋

Just wanted to share a quick update on the scheduled transfers function discussed here as it will be deprecated on January 15, 2024. Any existing scheduled transfers will continue to run up until that point, but as of today, it won’t be possible to create new scheduled transfers.

To avoid disruption, any currently active scheduled transfers will be migrated into new Zaps that can perform the same workflow. You can learn more about the changes to scheduled transfers here

Please do reach out in Community if you have any questions in the meantime!