Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I merge multiple Zaps into a single "Order Equipment" Zap for improved efficiency?

• 9 November 2021
  • 9 replies

I got a huge list of Zaps that could all be merged into a single Zap, here’s one of the use cases:

Ordering equipment, current status:
Instead of having a centralized Zap to order headphones, mouses and keyboards, currently, employees are using three different Zaps to do so.

I got a separate Zap for ordering new Macs for the engineers, and a separate Zap to order new Macs for the Customer Happiness team.

Desired state:
There’s one Zap - “Order Equipment”, and the employee ticks what they need. I process this information to confirm that the equipment either needs to be ordered or is already available for taking. I then inform the employee that they can either pick up the equipment in the Ops office, or that they’d have to wait for X days until the equipment is delivered.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alex P 

Would the workaround be to use a form app instead that has a Zap app? (e.g. GForms, JotForm, etc.)

Hello @Troy Tessalone,

In theory, yes, a form that further uses a Zap app is a possible workaround in this use case, however, using the form instead of the extension necessarily utilizes more clicks from the admin (finding the form, opening the form), whereas I want to make this super easy and straightforward.

This is not our only use case and quite a lot of them can’t be handled via forms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alex P 

If you’re using Slack, look into creating a custom Slack app: https://app.slack.com/block-kit-builder/

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Alex P,

I checked on this and we have an open feature request to have radio buttons, checkboxes and dropdown menu input fields added to the Zapier Chrome Extension. So I’ve added your vote for that. I don’t have an ETA on when they would be added but we’ll email you directly to notify you once they are! :)

In the meantime, might it be possible to just have one Zap using the Zapier Chrome Extension that has separate fields for the different options where user just fills out the field for the item they need? Then you could use Paths to carry out different actions based on the fields that were filled out.

Dear @SamB,

Thank you for looking into this for me! When this happens, it will be my new favourite feature :)

In this case, it’s possible to use the separate fields for the different options, seeing how the employees would only need to enter a 1 or a 0 in order to point out the piece they need, however, there are multiple use cases where they would need to enter a couple of words (like a tag), and this unfortunately often results in an error. This is why I have a strong feeling everything would be much easier if everyone just could pick from populated list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’re welcome, @Alex P! :)

Ah, yes if it’s not all going to be a 1 or 0 response that’s entered then it could well get a lot more complicated to set up. Fingers crossed that feature request will be implemented soon!  

Hi @Alex P 

Did this ever get addressed or resolved?  Did you find a way round it.

I love the Zapier Chrome extension but this is a real show stopper to what could be a very useful tool.

On a simple (internal) level I’d love to use it to make a note of a useful piece of technology I want to come back and look at later. Being able to classify it as Communication, Forms, Dev, type list would be essential to achieving the value from it

Thanks

Mike

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I would also love this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AppGuyAaron,

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.